As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes
- Identify and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current legislation
- Understand the characteristics of abrasive and their action
- Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
- Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual check and ring tests (bench grinders)
- Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
- Identify main components and understand their functions
- Mount an abrasive wheel and /or a diamond blade
- Understand the difference between truing and dressing a wheel, undertake dressing a wheel and identify dressers (bench grinders)
- Adjust work rests correctly (bench grinders)
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
- Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels and diamond blades
- Carry out daily maintenance on petrol powered machines
Who is the Course For?
Farmers, managers, fitters, foremen and workers who are required to use abrasive wheels or petrol powered saws and supervise their use.
List of all Training Courses
Training courses are for 4x4s and trailers.
Training courses for abrasive wheel use.
All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) training courses.
Training courses for tree climbing.
Arm mounted flail cutter course.
Stump Grinder, Woodchipper and Trimmer training courses.
Health and Safety Frirst Aid related training courses.
Lift Truck and Plant training courses.
Course for Ride on and Pedestrian Mowers.
Pest control courses.
Tractor driving courses.
For more information please use our contact form, or contact us at:
Mail: HGC Training, Nant-y-Glyn Isaf, Tafarn y Fedw, Llanrwst, North Wales, LL26 0NN, UK
Phone/Fax: 01492 640327 Mobile: 07801 491898
E-mail: e-mail HGC Training
Content is copyright HGC Training, North Wales, UK.